Countable – Countable makes it quick and easy to understand the laws Congress is considering. We also streamline the process of contacting your lawmaker, so you can tell them how you want them to vote on bills under consideration.
You can use Countable to read clear and succinct summaries of upcoming and active legislation, directly tell your lawmakers how to vote on those bills by clicking “Yea” or “Nay” and follow up on how your elected officials voted on bills, so you can hold them accountable in the next election cycle.
4US – 4US allows everyday Americans to track their representatives’ activities, as well as the current status of bills that are before congress, and their outcomes – laws that affect each and every one of us.
We also provide a platform on which you can voice your support or opposition via our interactive VOTE function. Your vote on any piece of legislation is immediately sent back to your representative, tracked internally, and assembled to make a personalized, historical relationship graph.
- Every bill that is brought before congress is introduced into 4US with a simplified explanation as to what it stands for, and what the outcome will be. You can search for bills that are the talk of the town, or search for those on issues that are most important to you.
- Organizations that work as advocacy groups or trade unions can also vote on their positions on any bill, making it easier for both voter and congress to see what their personal stance is.
- You can also evaluate the pros and cons of bills, and submit your own feedback. We submit this feedback to your members of congress for review.
- We provide detailed metrics, including various charts and graphs to explain the stance that your legislators took on a certain issue, and why. We also provide you with the voter trend on bills and resolutions.
- Congressional staff and senators can gauge public sentiment on every everyday legislation, and judge whether advocacy groups are in favor or against the passing of a particular law.
Vote Spotter – VoteSpotter helps you track your legislator's votes, lets you make your voice heard and get alerts on votes.
Open States – Open States is a collection of tools that make it possible for citizens to track what is happening in their state's capitol by aggregating information from all 50 states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico.
Using the site is simple: enter a U.S. address or select a state to start to research bills, review voting records, contact elected officials and more. Check out this Sunlight Academy tutorial to see how Open States can help citizens, journalists and activists learn more about their state government.
Politifact – Politifact helps you learn truth from fiction, politically speaking. You can't go wrong with this Pulitzer Prize winning app.
Indivisible Guide – A practical guide to resisting the Trump administration’s divisive agenda.
theSixtyfive.org – Scripting to help you call your congressperson with confidence. The name refers to the 65 million Americans who rejected Trump on election day.
MajorityLeader.gov – Find the entire daily and weekly schedule and the yearly calendar for the U.S. House.
OpenSecrets.org – Resource which tracks money in U.S. politics with a searchable database. This site is run by the Center for Responsive Politics.
CountMI.org – Michigan based, citizen-driven redistricting campaign. Organization focus on ending gerrymandering before the 2020 cencus.
www.govtrack.us – Find your representatives in the U.S. House and Senate, review every Member of Congress’s voting record, search legislation by subject and view maps of districts.
congressfoundation.org – Congressional Management Foundation provides research-based reports on how citizen groups can understand and engage with Congress.
www.5calls.org – 5calls is an app that provides phone numbers and scripts so calling your representatives is quick and easy
ResistBot – Text “RESIST” to 50409 or message me on Facebook and ResistBot will find out who represents you in Congress, and deliver your message to them in under 2 minutes. No downloads or apps required.